LabyMod Secondary Chat Filter
This guide was created by EagleClarinet22 with contributions and input from BabyKyo.
Guide for LabyMod's Chat Filter and Second Chat
What is LabyMod?
LabyMod extends Minecraft by adding a variety of useful features such as:
- Drag & Drop GUI Editor
- Addon platform (including Chat Filter)
- and many more features! (See LabyMod's Official Website for more details)
Can I use LabyMod on the Dank Prison server?
Yes! But with certain restrictions. Please be sure to read the rules regarding 3rd-party Minecraft clients before using LabyMod on the Dank Prison server.
LabyMod's Chat Filter Addon
What is the Chat Filter on LabyMod?
Chat Filter is actually an addon that you can install within LabyMod. It can do things like make a sound, highlight the message, hide the message, or send it to Secondary chat when a message that matches the filter is sent in Dank Prison's server chat.
Why would I want to use Chat Filter?
Chat Filter helps cut down on all of the things going on in Dank Prison at the same time, which, especially in late game, can get really hectic when you are trying to mine or fish. It will also give you access to Secondary chat which will split the chat in half.
How do I install LabyMod Chat Filter?
Step 1: Install LabyMod
If you already have LabyMod 1.12.2 installed, you can skip this section.
- First make sure you have LabyMod installed. 1.12.2 is the preferred Minecraft version to use on Dank Prison which you can find here.
- Follow the steps of the LabyMod installer. Make sure to select "1.12.2" for the version and Vanilla. Then click Next.
- To be safe, make sure only "OptiFine 1.12.2 HD ..." is checkmarked. This will make sure that you are not auto-kicked/banned from the server.
- Agree to LabyMod's TOS and click "Install."
You will find LabyMod-1.12.2 now pops up in your Minecraft Launcher.
Step 2: Make sure Chat Filter addon is enabled
- Hit 'Esc' to go to the main menu.
- Click on "Options."
- Click "LabyMod Settings."
- In the search bar, type "chat filter."
- Make sure it is switched to "ON."
Step 3: Use the Chat Filter
Congrats, you enabled the Chat Filter addon! Press your chat keybind in-game and then in the bottom right corner of the Minecraft screen, you should see an icon similar to a hopper. Click on it to create a new chat filter!
LabyMod's Second Chat Feature
In order to use this feature, you must have enabled the Chat Filter addon. LabyMod's second chat feature helps to cut down on all the chatter so you can focus on mining and fishing! Here's how to use it.
Step 1: Create a new chat filter
- Press your chat keybind in-game and click on the hopper in the bottom-right corner of the screen to bring up the Chat Filter GUI.
- Press the '+' at the top of the menu to add a new filter
- Name the filter whatever you want. For this example, I will be filtering the AutoMiner message to my second chat, so I will be naming the filter "AutoMiner".
- Check the in-game chat so you can capture the beginning of what you want to filter. Continuing with my example, I want to filter AutoMiner messages, so I put in the Includes field: (Auto-Miner), which will filter all of my AutoMiner messages.
- To filter it to the second chat, we need to click on the box next to the label, "Secondary chat."
- Change the other settings however you like for this filter, and when you are finished, press "Save".
Now, whenever you get a message about AutoMiner messages, it will go to your secondary chat; freeing up your primary chat for interaction with other players and other important messages!
Step 2: Play for a while
It will take some time to figure out what messages need to go to Secondary Chat and which ones need to stay hidden, etc. Take some time to play around with the chat filters to figure out what best works for you.
Example Chat Filters
(This section was taken and updated from BabyKyo's original chat filter post found here. Used and modified with his permission.)
Here is an example list of Chat filters that you can use! The link to the Pastebin is below for your convenience.
How to install the filters
- Open your .minecraft file (to find it, type %AppData% on your search bar.)
- Open your LabyMod file (/.minecraft/LabyMod)
- Open the JSON file titled "filters.json"
- Copy and Paste the code from the Pastebin link (see above).